|Developing Knowledge to Achieve Greater Efficiency
- Development of appropriate technology.
- Conduct a down-market needs analysis.
- Develop more efficient supply chain models.
|Developing Knowledge to Achieve Blended Value
- Use market research to improve knowledge of resource availability.
- Develop appropriate technology to manage resources renewably.
- Research the potential of less coveted/more available resources.
- Be wary of over promising and under delivering.
- Research requires upfront investments and associated financial risks.
|Developing Knowledge to Achieve Greater Adaptability
- Conduct ongoing market research to inform responses to emerging trends and opportunities.
- Use business performance monitoring and information management practices to improve risk analysis and implementation strategies.
- Be aware that temporary setbacks and risks inherent to the “trial and error” process central to research and innovation will trigger pressure to come back to a low-risk, more predicable charity mindset.
Depth of Impact
|Developing Knowledge to Achieve Deeper Impact
- Use market research to further understand root causes of social problem.
- Develop technology appropriate to social context.
- Develop processes that support the use of sustainable resources.
- One-size-fits-all technology can limit access to harder-to-reach clients.
- Risk of falling for the innovation smokescreen (“new is better”).